1 Dedication to the Reader: 1 September 2024

Perhaps you feel you don’t really matter;

That you are unimportant;

That only heroes matter,

That you do not matter because you are not a hero.

If you think this, you are so very, very wrong.

Perhaps you think you are just another unknown opening my book;

Someone for me to take money from and promptly forget

Perhaps you think you are just another reader among so many other readers,

And that all of them must be more important than you.

If you think this, you are so very, very wrong.

When you open this book, I already know you are a hero.

By opening this book and helping me to heal,

You clearly show me how important you are.

Understand this.

The spirit of the eternal shines in your face;

The spirit of love blazes through your determination to know the truth and to heal yourself.

 

I want you to read my work,

But not because you are another reader, another statistic

I want you to read my work because you matter and you help me heal,

Because you are important and because you are a hero.

 

I want you to read my work and to heal yourself as well as me because the universe needs you in it

Without your strength and love, the very fabric of matter will shake and tremble.

Without your strength and love, there would never be a universe;

There would only be emptiness.

 

Please help keep out wonderful universe alive by seeking the truth

It helps all of us to heal.

 

John Hankin

31 August 2024

Comments

  1. Very well said, and written John.
    Take good care of yourself and Melissa while you are away mate.
    Love Pete

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog